Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was offerd a part time job at Target. well, the lady called me a little bit ago and see i would be able to make the orientation on Tuesday. i called my boss/dad and asked him about me making. well, i call her back to tell her yes i would be there and also told her that i wasn't gonna be there from the 23rd-28th as im going home to be with my wife and kids for Christmas. she asked me to hold on, and when she got back on the phone, she told that the HR person said that they were gonna withdraw my job offer. guess i need to go find another place to work part time for some extra money. oh well.

since i have the extra time now, is there any GTG's in this area in the next couple weeks? i can make them.....lol

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
That sucks, as for g2g you might want to check your regional section.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks, as for g2g you might want to check your regional section.
i do, but i haven't seen anything on GTG's on there. i was thinking about getting together for a dinner somewhere or something.

sorry i put this in the wrong section, thanks for the move

·
Registered
0 Posts
Don't do it!!!!! Target SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!! Trust me I was a line level for 6 months, and a Supervisor of Electronics for 1.5 years there. Great people that I worked with minus one, but the whole "Nobody leaves until the Team is done" BS pissed me the F off. What I mean by that is nobody was allowed to leave until all areas were done, so if you did your job and got your area done, you'd have to help the employee that slacked off all night. That pissed me off to no end when people wouldn't do their job and you'd be there till 3-4AM cleaning up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't do it!!!!! Target SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!! Trust me I was a line level for 6 months, and a Supervisor of Electronics for 1.5 years there. Great people that I worked with minus one, but the whole "Nobody leaves until the Team is done" BS pissed me the F off. What I mean by that is nobody was allowed to leave until all areas were done, so if you did your job and got your area done, you'd have to help the employee that slacked off all night. That pissed me off to no end when people wouldn't do their job and you'd be there till 3-4AM cleaning up.

well, i didnt' get the job, but there is no way i would stay past midnight. if that time came, i would just leave and if they didn't like it they could fire me. it would have just been a "part time" job. no way im letting a part time job interfere with a full time job.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next time, don't tell (x-company) you need the time off until after you've started.
im debating on doing that with the next place. im still looking. i really wanted to get on at GameStop, but they didnt' want me for some reason.

Honestly, if they are be like that, I don't think I would have wanted the job. Probably a blessing in disguise.
yeah, thats kinda how i feel, but i need to get a second job to pay for my new car and to get money saved to get my family here

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
McDonalds is always hiring.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Plus you would get to eat all of the Apple Pies and McNuggets that your little heart desired.

Think about it[;)]

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there is no way i will work at a fast food place again. though, the mcnuggets are very very tasty, i would get alot fatter then i already am[bawling]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
What about Walmart?

You could be a door greeter and give stickers to the kiddies.

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
What about Walmart?

You could be a door greeter and give stickers to the kiddies.
Pft... yeah if you are an 80 year old retired AARP member.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have worked at Wal-Mart for about a month. i was in the sporting goods. it was ok, but i really don't like the Wal-Mart here. it is way crowded and just has a dirty feel to it when you walk in. i dont' go there much at all. im still looking though. i will prolly go drive around this weekend, i remember seeing places with signs in the windows looking for help

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
^Oh yeah, totally forgot about Sheetz. You can work in the back making all the Shmuffins and the Shmiscuits. Plus in your area they should start out at $9-$10/hour, maybe more.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
http://www.sheetz.com/main/

It's basically a gas station/convenience store that is based in the Mid-Atlantic. Not sure what you guys have up there to compare it to.

Since 1952, Sheetz has grown from a small dairy/deli in Altoona, PA, to one of the fastest growing, family-owned convenience stores in the world, with more than 350 locations across six states — Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio and North Carolina — and more than 12,000 employees.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts