Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to start by saying in no way shape or form do I drive like the normal daily commuter. I have a 2012 Titanium 5 door with the premium package. Included was a performance suspension. I've read many things about the different engines and settings each car apparently has per options. My car is governed. Not at the typical Foci level I'm assuming.

ANYWAYS, what I'm curious about is the fuel shut off that's apparent when in park, neutral, or in gear while left foot braking. When you tach the car out normally it won't go over 3700 +/- 100 rpms.
Well my focus friends, today is the day I will tell you that it is Possible to have free fuel flow and freedom to rev that baby to red line if you desire.
Not sure how or why [repost]
Don't really understand it still. When it happens, you will have a total freak on your hands.

Now don't get all crazy and go on a I know everything tantrum.. This has never happened in the two plus years I've driven this car. Across the Alcan and back in smashing time. Dashing across town. BUT, the day I decided to participate in my first autocross it happens. Did not happen right away. After doing laps that consisted of 70-80 seconds roughly 6 times, the car came loose of the ESP traction control and what have yah. That's my only theory. I had added a little octane boost to her but it wasn't the first time I've done so.. In those laps I was certainly driving the car. Handles like a boss if you're interested.

So I'm at a loss of ideas. I'd REALLY love if it that was how she acted each time started.

I've tried to make it happen again. And always carry my goPro so I can Show you all Hopefully soon.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Interesting story, but you left out just WHEN you get that "free reving" situation.

Loss of traction control after a few hot laps is as close as you came.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When the car went into what I'm calling Free Mode, is when it had zero limits. I'm not getting your response as I did say When.. I just don't know what to call the fuel flow restrictions in the computer of the car. It happened after driving Hard for multiple laps.. it went away fast as it came too. Drove to lunch short after and was back to being tame.
When this happened it allowed me to have the car in neutral and tach it out. Also in drive and Sport with foot on the brake for launch..

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
That explains now, no normal neutral/launch control rev. limit when this occurred.

·
Registered
985 Posts
what's the point of this other than revving it out in neutral?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
HeHe

I noticed the left foot braking comment, hadn't thought about it shutting that down on you normally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts