Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting the royal purple tranny fluid. they have the synchromax(something like that) but it doesn't specify a weight. This might be a dumb question but im a little confused.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
There are a couple of other threads about this but you want to use the Syncromax and it only comes in 1 flavor.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Synchromax rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
royal purple

i run it in both my trans and my wife's transfer case on the 4wd. the stuff works great. like they said its the syncromax.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with the royal purple. I read on here that you need to buy 2 quart but i only bought 1. Is it allright if i go ahead and drrain by other fluid and put just a qt in?

·
Registered
324 Posts
bump for answer!!

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
The supplement calls for 2.1 so you technically can get by with 2 bottles. I bought 3 because I'll do another dump & fill rather than having a flush done initially which cost mad coin. So the answer is a minimum of 2 bottles

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I bought three becuase I saw 2.1 and using the third for the .1! Maybe I'll skip the .1 give the bottle to my buddy so he only needs 1 ot I'll use the .9 to flush. Guess it depends on how charitable I feel the day I *finally* put it in...

·
Registered
370 Posts
hey guys your supposed to keep pouring it until it starts overflowing out of the tranny, and royal purple is awesome. i use it in my engine and tranny

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
When you drain it there will probably be an amount left in the tranny so 2 bottles will probably work and mixing some OEM residual with Synchromax shouldn't be a problem. Me...I'll do another drain and fill sometime this summer just to clear that out.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I ran about half a bottle through before adding my 2qts.

What a dumb spot for the fill though....its hard to pour straight ahead...

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
BTW, just to add...the car shifts 100x smoother now. Glad I bought this stuff....snake oil; it is not!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts