Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im thinking about getting hids for my 2014 se but after looking how the headlight harnesses are ran im a little confused. As most of you know the headlight has a main harness that goes into the housing then it branches out to each individual light inside the headlight housing. now with hids you have extra wiring and the ballast. Would you just leave the black rubber cover off of the housing and run the wires through there. In my previous cars there was just the main harness that ran directly to the bulbs so there was no problem. Can anyone post a picture of how they have the ballasts and wires ran. I feel like i am over thinking this but i have just never ran into a setup where the harness plugged into the housing then branched from there.

P.S. please no bashing about putting hids in stock housings. I know they throw the light but i want to get the hid kit and use that for the time being until i can find a good aftermarket housing. Im not in the position to drop $400+ on new housings at the moment.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just took a razor blade and cut a little "+" sign into the middle of it, ran the wires through there, then tried to seal the split with some electrical tape on both the inside and outside of the rubber cover.

·
Registered
193 Posts
yep. Cut a little x into the back of the rubber flap, then trace the wiring through there. As for hiding all the wiring, and whatnot, I just ziptied it along the hood latch real snug. And bolted the little ballasts behind the headlights where the resistors are grounded

1 - 3 of 3 Posts