Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a roush turbo kit I am planning on fitting to my SVT. Looking for a little larger turbo though. What turbo (top mount) would be recommended?

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
how much power are you looking to make? i think the factory turbo on that kit is good for like 300whp on a zx3 with a built motor. it should make more on a svt though even with stock internals.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
i wouldnt worry with upgrading the turbo then. as long as your engine (which i assume is stock bottom end) is in good shape, you have big enough injectors and you have a clutch that can handle it you should be able to get your goal just fine. the smaller turbo is a good thing for you. while it cant make huge boost and huge hp it spools up much quicker than its larger counterpart meaning it makes its power much faster. since your power goal is within its capable range you will be golden. contact tom, have him tune it, push it as hard as you can without overboosting the turbo, and put it on a dyno to see where youre at.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wouldn't bother with changing the turbo until after you have things up and running. see how it fits for you.

I put a gt2871r on a rough manifold, but it required an adapter (t3-t25) which complicated things with surrounding components. If you do swap out turbo, just make sure you get the right size housing(rookie mistake)

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
Just looking to make 300 or a little bit over.
The SVT with stock engine is safe to about 280HP , it will do 300 if you push it , 280 is a good safe # that you can do daily and last a long long time , the stock Roushe turbo will hit those goals , I would stay with the stock turbo the kit came with

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts