Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im asking this question for a friend
he recently installed a roush turbo kit on his zts
are there any cheap or easy mods that he can do
i heard there was a certian line you could re-route to pick up a lb of boost
i was thinking maybe ported 00 intake mani and turbo cams

also anyone do cookie cutter tunes based off of the roush calibration?

·
Registered
535 Posts
bigger injectors, new tune and a Manual boost controller .... crank that sucker up!
Within reason, of course. 12 psi MAX safely on a stock Zetec.

Ported manifold will flow ALOT better and cams will help also, just keep the cam overlap low(ex: stg.1).

Oh, and cookie cutter tunes are not good for a turbo system. Better to have an experienced tuner with a dyno.

·
FF Affiliate
30,976 Posts
You have the ability to make more power with out adding any more parts , Just turn up the boost with it properly tuned and you will be safe

Tom

·
Registered
305 Posts
Isnt that the kit that the wastegate senses pressure right at the compressor housing, rather than past the intercooler? By rerouting that line I think you would get more boost to the engine. I think Ray has said something about this in the past, he would be the one to talk to.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I had tom tuned my roush with the sct prp, i changed the spring on the wastegate, changed bov and installed electronic apex bc. I want to do a cold air intake on it becase of the filter position.
Ray had mentoned to me last time that the tune is good up to 10lbs.
Oh yeah i put a .60 head gasket, crower cprings and stage 2 crane cams. highest run was 248/231, ended up at 232/230, With Tom Begin the computer screen aything is possible !!!!!when my clutch broke, be ready though, shit will start breaking when you kick it a notch. itsalways fun as hell though, that why we do this, right?![}:)]
thanks, tom!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts