Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of a 2003 Focus with a Roush turbo kit on it. The car is to be my son's daily driver as well as his car for D/E's. I do not know squat about turbos. I would like to get the car ready for him to track with the SVT group at CMP in March. If anybody has any info/literature on these kits I would appreciate it. I have emailed Roush and Turbo Kits and asked for help. Looking for anything that will help. Also, do you still use the 5w20 oil or can I go up to 10/40? Adequate warm up and how long should we idle to spool down.
Thanks!
Clueless New Guy!

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Do you ahve anymore details on the tune, what psi it is tuned for, any history on the car?

·
FF Affiliate
31,164 Posts
I would go up from 20w with boost and going to track it

You need to make sure you have a good tune , that will be the key to the engine living

Tom

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
i have a roush kit and it is very good kit. if you have a good tune, make sure you run high oct (~93), and dont push any more than the stock engine can take it is very reliable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, lets see.
Know nothing about the tune.

No hand held tuner.

I run 93 octane with Klotz octane boost in everything that hits the track.

So far I have run AMSOIL AMO (10w40) in the other two track cars. 351w and Porsche Cayman S. Would like to run it in this also just for convenience. Waiting for a reply from AMSOIL guy about the weight.

The boost gauge stays under 10 if I punch it.

1turbofocus where are you located. My wife and I are signed up to track at CMP with the Porsche Club last weekend in Feb. I could drop the car off with you for a look see in needed. I have it in the garage today for state inspection.

It did not come with alot of documentation. There is a Steeda box under the hood. I have no idea of what that is or does.
It makes my son happy and should fill the goal of giving him @180 hp on the track. Plenty for a 16 year old.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i would think 40w oil is too thick personally.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I have to say you sound like a pretty cool dad!

1turbofocus is in Charlottle, NC. I am sure he could get you set!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought it might be but I am assuming that the turbo generates plenty of heat. So consensus is that a 30 weight is what a turbo should have?

·
FF Affiliate
31,164 Posts
On the track I like to see 40 if not 50wt , I am located very close to Charlotte NC my cell is 704-648-6944 If he does not have a good tune he would make it 1 day at the track

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts