Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Roush shift knob with the cutout for reverse lockout, but when I screw it on all the way, the reverse lockout can't be pulled up far enough to get into reverse. How do I fix this besides getting rid of the reverse lockout?

At first I though the shifter was too shallow and the reverse lockout was hitting the inside of the shifter and not letting it go up far enough. What is happening is that the shifter is screwing down so far that the ring on the reverse lockout collar hits the bottom of the shift knob before it can go high enough to let you go into reverse.

I guess this shift knob doesn't work with reverse lockout on my car even though other people have it working fine????

I tried pulling the spring out of the reverse lockout and that didn't help. Any help?

Hopefully it works with the FRPP shifter I'll be getting.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm...Dad had a real good idea. I'm going to thread a nut down the shifter and then screw the knob on so it sits up higher. I just need to get a nut now.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
That is a great idea! It will also let you adjust the nut so that the knob ends up in the right orientation...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup. What's real nice about the Roush knob is that the shift pattern on top comes off the shifter so you can get the knob tight and then just pop the cover on so it's always straight no matter how much you screw it on.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
You can also throw in an ERASER on top of the shaft to help it stay higher up, that or something similar to that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts