Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My focus got backed into and the left front wheel was damaged. The body shop has fixed the body damage, but the wheel is out of alignment with significant negative camber and my steering feels a little loose. I've had to take the car to another shop to get the suspension fixed because the body shop claimed they couldn't do it due to my lowered suspension. The problem is, I fear the shocks may have been bent and it doesn't seem that Roush makes the kit anymore. So, I'm looking for options.

I guess my first concern is, what struts are a good match for the Roush springs? I already know that both sides of the front will be recommended to be replaced if the left one is bent, but won't the rears need to then be replaced as well so that everything rides well?

Next, if anyone has any advice for dealing with insurance companies I would appreciate it. I was not at fault so the other's drivers insurance is paying for the repairs. I just don't know how it works with a lowered suspension when you can't get exact replacement parts. Will the insurance only pay for the part that was actually damaged? Will I have to pay to have the other three shocks replaced? Or will the insurance company just pay out what I paid for the kit? I still have the receipt from when I bought it. I'm hoping someone else has run into something similar to this.

·
slow
1,734 Posts
I ran the roush shocks back in the day, like 2007ish. Pretty sure the spring and shock kit were just rebadged eibach items. If not true, they were pretty close to it.

Change with eibach or SVT shocks, or konis if you have the budget:)

Unsure on the insurance stuff

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The b/s should have a supplement for work on the suspension, for another shop to repair/replace the parts. If the parts or brand is discontinued they should find suitable replacements. Yea, koni yellows would work same as eibach pro dampers. They'd only replace the one corner & not all 4 let alone the other side. Since the roush struts are dropped, I'd go for the pro dampers or pay the extra for the other koni yellow. And then they should do a 4 way alignment= set the toe f & r.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys. I was leaning towards the eibachs because I had also heard that the Roush was a rebadge of the pro kit. I've got about 55,000 miles on the current setup so it's about time to replace the shocks anyway.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Hitup Tirerack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts