Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today i've been trying to install the roush rear bumper and it pretty much sucks. i feel like nothing is working out. i got the stock rear off without any problems, except for the fact that it wasn't even held on with all the hardware it should have been held on by. but trying to get the supports off the stock is absolutely impossible. i've done everything to try to loosen them, and the attachments will not budge. so by now i'm getting very pissed. the rear grill for the roush was a pain in the ass and is hard to get on there straight, and my borla doesn't fit right in the cutout on the bumper. it sits too low. does anybody know if the borla always sits too low? and does anybody else have pics of the roush rear bumper installed on their focus?

·
Registered
532 Posts
i should be getting mine in either this week or next week, i'll let you know if i have troubles. I still have stock exhaust, see how much of a tip I can cram in there if i get the MBRP.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so basically i finally got everything installed, reusing the old parts from the stock bumper and stuff. everything is good except for my exhaust. it hangs about 1/2" too low and pulls the whole bumper down on the left side. my exhaust is held on by some rubber hangers in 2 places near the rear. i was wondering if i can get a shorter pair of hangers at advanced autoparts or something.

·
Registered
531 Posts
That bumper does look amazing, though. Should be worth all of the effort.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey panic what kind of exhaust do u have? how is it attached to the bottom of your car? can you take some closer pictures of the seams along the rear quarters and the grill around the exhaust?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I will get some more and better pics when it stops raining here. And that is a tip that i bought from a friend it's a pole sitter tip and the tip does hit the kit.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool thanks a lot. i really need to worry about raising my exhaust up about a half an inch before i can think about mounting it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yea BUT put it on and make sure it fits before you go paint. it's really easy to put on should take less than an hour. I have a ? should i paint it to match or does it look good black?????

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no do not leave it black. paint it to match, along with the hatch strip, side strips, and anything else you have. just make sure everything is prepped. i already made sure everything fit, and it was fine except for my exhaust. i gotta get that taken care of before i make anything permanent. but i wish i could say it was easy to put on. took me forever to get the reusable parts off the stock bumper to put on the roush one. took me a few hours just for that. ended up being a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Usually the paint shops you take them to to get work done on them, will take off the old one, test fit the new ones, make any adjustments, sand, prime and paint it and put the new one on for you. Thats what Im getting for the 250. Ask around, you will be surpruised how generous some places are in what they do and the quality of their work.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah you could let a shop do all the work for you, but i'm the kind of person that likes to do things myself. plus the work i do is less work the shop would have to do, thus being less labor i'd have to pay for. and 250 is probably the price of one bumper prepped fitted and painted. 500 for the front and rear, and then probably another 200 for the skirts. 700 bucks could probably be cut down to just 500 if all the prep work is done beforehand. also, you get to see exactly how things a fitted before paint, and can make any adjustments to make sure everything is perfect. and i know there are shops out there that take all the shortcuts they possibly can.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts