Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
I was looking at the roush exhaust for the svtf, does anyone use it?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
I didn't know Roush made an exhaust for the SVTF.
I can only find it for the standard models, and it would require some work to fit on the SVTF:
Roush Exhaust
^^^It's also 2.25", which is smaller than the stock exhaust.
Meaning, there's no power gains to be had, and you may actually lose some.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
My opinion on exhaust (no matter what brand) is like this... most exhausts out there wont do anything for the car except make it louder. An expensive Borla has the same performance as a trubendz (for about half the cost)....

Now some are going to jump in here and try to talk about how some exhausts are "tuned"... lets face it they are nothing more than pipe and mufflers... that are all made in the exact same way.

If you want to be able to say that you have "X" brand of exhaust on the car then go buy it.... personally I would go as cheap as possible and put the saving toward something that would actually give the car a performance boost.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i think i'm gonna have to agree with orange on this one... it is jus pipes and bends.. theres no computer hidden in any of that..lol

·
Registered
796 Posts
i do

i use the roush cat back on an svt. i had a regular zetec and swapped everything out of an svt into my car. its really loud and needs an extra resonater or it back fires and crackles and pops real bad. but after the addition of the resonater it sounds really good. not like most hondas that just slap a tip on. i got mine for $125 off ebay and i couldnt be happier

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies.
I'm looking at either the 2.5" or 3" magnaflow with stealth from truebendz.

·
Registered
708 Posts
don't get a 3" they have trouble fitting. Unless you plan on having a turbo/supercharger with a 3" DP and very large ORP the 3" is not going to help.

The air flow is going to be as great as your smallest part. So if you have a regular Off road pipe or a high flow cat, (both are 2.5") then having a 3" exhaust will do nothing.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good info, Im not planning on an aftermarket orp because I dont want my car to be that loud.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Then go ahead and go with a 2.5" kit from truebendz. They are cheap, reliable and you have choice of sound (borla, flowmaster, magnaflow)

Good luck!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea mines never on either lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts