Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be installing front camber plates which requires removing the top hat of the shock. Currently I'm running stock ZX3 shock with Steeda Progressive Lowering Springs. Car seems to handle fine and doesn't bounce or anything funny, but I figure while I have the shocks that far apart, it would be an opportune time to replace them with better units.

The car is a DD so I don't want anything too harsh. Anyone know anything about these shocks?

Thanks!

Here's the links to the shocks I want to get:
http://www.nthcoast.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=613
http://www.nthcoast.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=612

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
I have the roush kit and its a good buy. [race]

·
Registered
157 Posts
^^^^^^me too....love them,handle awesome and they are actually made for a lowered spring and will work with the svt as well.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My only real concern is them being too stiff, I do allot of highway driving and just spend allot of time driving overall. Comments? Better handling is ALWAYS better :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
it is my DD too and i find it fine.....definately stiffer, handles like it's on rails but still driveable without knocking out your teeth.I think that they are fine but as you get better handling you will sacarfice a little bit of ride...cheers

·
Illest.... <3
3,572 Posts
I don't think these shocks are too stiff, I absolutely love my ride.

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks FX4BAJA, I emailed them for more specifics on those particular shocks. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They accepted both offers! $167 out-the-door! Sweeeeeett!! Now I just gotta find camber plates and rear camber bolts....

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
you won't be disappointed, i've got the full roush suspension, and i honestly believe that the ride is better with the roush kit than it was stock. when i put on aftermarket rims and low profile 40 series tires, i got beat to hell and back on the rough roads around here. the roush is a bit stiffer, obviously, but the ride is very much bearable.

·
Registered
656 Posts
[idea] talk to mike at Hilbish ford he'll hook you up as he did for me....b16sir1991 is his handle here....[thumb]
I got the complete 06-07 suspension from Mike but the OP already has the Steeda springs installed so the Roush may actully work out better in his case.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
I married these shocks/struts to a set of H&R springs(1.5" drop) today and It's like night and day compared to OE. You, as others have said, will not be disappointed![thumb]

·
Registered
889 Posts
just ordered them also, and guess what, the guy said that $200 is the best he can do, coz i live in canada... kinda pissed, but oh well, still cheaper than if you get them from the store

·
Registered
889 Posts
and i asked him if he can send it as a gift, so wouldn't have to pay taxes and stuff at the border, so he said yes if i can just give him my credit card number and stuff, so i did lol, i dunno if that was the right idea, but if everything works well, it will end up pretty cheap :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts