Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be adding a boost controller, but i want to kno what the max boost this thing will handle before the pipes pop off.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
mine holds 24psi with T-style clamps. i only ran 12psi on the stock clamps. im sure they can hold much more than that, i just didnt feel like messing with them... ever, lol.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
It depends how tight your pipes are. I have ran 20psi with regualr style hose clamps. Next upgrade are t-bolt clamps though. Looks better IMHO.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
they cost quit a bit more but you will not blow them off, they will crush your pipe if you over tighten them but they will not blow off

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I had all my pipe bead rolled at a local shop and I still use worm clamps.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
t-bolt clamps dont hold any better then worm clamps up to about 32 to 35psi , If the piping is clean and you use good hoses then you dont even need a bead role and everything will hold with STD type worm clamps

What yu should be asking is , how much will the turbo safely make before just pumping a lot of hot air , and how high can I go with the tune you have ?

From what I have seen from the roush turbo is it is ver limited to about 19/20psi , it will go more then that but it starts dropping off fast

Tom

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Tom is right..like always, you should be worried about what you can run safely.
I ran 14-15lbs at 246/230 tuned by Tom stock internals and STILL using the Roush turbine.
What tune you running?
Rich

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Mine little Te04h Runs out of breath FAST!

I have it set to 11psi which I hit at 2300, but then at 5500 it starts falling of till I'm only at 7-8psi at 7k.

The turbo came with a crappy kit, which I have upgraded from.

So I agree with learning the limits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts