Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, newbie here looking for some help. Here's the situation, I swapped out my stock front struts with Roush ones along with replacing the front stabilizer links on both sides. Now when drive or go up the curb, it sound like both sides are loose somehow. My dad looked at the strut towers while I was pulling up the curb, he said it looks like both struts are moving. Any ideas what the issue may be? I really need your help to avoid a costly shop repair. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving

·
Registered
972 Posts
im having the exact same problem with mine ahhhhh

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
figured out that i had to crank the strut mount to the rubber bushing bolt more by holding the strut with and allen screw. hope that helps

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
figured out that i had to crank the strut mount to the rubber bushing bolt more by holding the strut with and allen screw. hope that helps

Don't feel bad this is quite a common occurrence. Most struts come with a lock nut for the top of the strut piston rod. Its easy to stop tightening it way too soon, and yes you need to use an allen wrench (some struts/shocks have two parallel flat areas machined at the top of the rod for use of a standard wrench) to keep the rod from turning while tightening. As you learned if its not tight the spring will slide around in the upper plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts