Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Oooops,sorry I didn't note a 4G63 is the Mitsu motor in the Eclipses and Galants in the '90s for those who didn't get the reference.

There also was a process by a company called Extrude Hone in which an abrasive material is pushed through entire manifolds to remove any casting imperfections.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Do you have numbers showing gains from porting? The dyno numbers I witnessed first hand were a bit weak without other extensive mods. I ported my 4G63 head and turbo manifold,wastegate and downpipe to all match and got a tenth consistently in the 1/4 mile but since it was done by me and a friend it was a ok improvement but if I paid somebody to do it it would've been a poor bang for the buck mod.
Did you port the intake and exhaust side?

I lost majority of my pictures and info due to a hard drive crash with no backups, some are on an ancient cardomain site I can see if I can dig up..however the most recent head, 2.2L gm ecotec that was ported and polished, port matched, was put on a heavily modified engine and then other mods were done after that but the ported head (which also had over size valves put in and stiffer valvesprings, etc)..The head, and balance shaft delete kit afair were done together and the final dyno added another 35 to 40whp...at that point I was up to 237whp NA from an engine that only made 140crank hp stock.

·
Registered
291 Posts
This design may seem nice but it doesn't take into account that each intake runner in the head is angled towards the time cover by about 15 degrees. This would cause a difference in the amount of air getting into each cylinder. Just ask the ST community about cylinder 4 when it comes to a difference in AFR ratios.

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
Hate to be a naysayer, but I don't believe that video at all unless there's some serious tires under the front end of that car.

No traction loss at all from a deal stop WOT pull? And there's no way that thing revs as high as it sounds.

Sounds more like a Honda K series revving to 8k engine noise overlayed on a slightly sped up focus 0-60 pull to show what they were "planning to do."

Any FWD car that can do a sub 6 second 0-60, if not on slicks or warmed up drag radials, and ESPECIALLY if supercharged, which lowers and widens the torque curve, will have trouble keeping the tires planted from max torque peak to redline in first gear, and probably spin when shifted to second. No ifs ands or buts about it.

IMO, vaporware and misleading editing tricks by a manufacturer is all this video shows.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
i have heard that car was not even functional....seen people claim otherwise that they rode in it but then discredited

21 - 26 of 26 Posts