Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am in the process of waiting for my new roush kit to be painted, I wanted to pick up a new exhaust to help out with the looks and sound. Question is which should I get to fit this kit. How good is the actual roush exhaust, is it just a borla? If so why does it fit better than the actual borla. Also is the steeda exhaust a borla too? Which one of these should I be looking for?

Oh and another thing I read that the roush exhaust added 1hp at the wheels, this seems a little low for upgrading the exhaust.

Any replies will help

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well Mike, i won't be a TON of help here, but I believe that the "only adds 1 hp" bit that you heard, only applies to the SVT models, as they already have a tuned exhaust. They probably say this because Roush only did factory work on SVT's, not regular Focus' (to my understanding). On a regular Focus, you should see larger gains.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Steeda also sells Magnaflow, which I personally have and love. Its alittle cheaper than Borla. Cheaper than Magna is MBRP (get it with a resonator).

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yeah, I don't know what exact numbers that exhaust will post on your ZX5, but i'm guessing at least 5hp, probably a bit more. (7-8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts