Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,

Back again with my 2010 Focus 2.0 Automatic. Now at 154,000 miles. To review: had to replace the valve cover and gasket, spark plugs, MAF sensor, O2 sensor, brakes, tires ignition switch, thermostat, exhaust system, all 4 struts and had it aligned by a master Ford Mechanic. Flushed engine coolant. All normal maintenance done. Total in repairs in the 4 + years I have owned the car : over $4000. This car has a carfax. I pulled it and the car has never been in an accident and maintenance has been done as needed. Was at the Ford dealer 1 week ago, oil changed, inspection done, tires rotated. I am just trying to give as much information as possible as I know alot of people say "my car does not work right what is wrong" lolol.

Here is my current problem : When I go out to start the car in the morning, I am getting steering wheel vibration. Not awful and just for a short time. Usually the car starts and goes up to 1500 RPM,, and starts to come down. Between 1200-700 RPM is when I get the vibration. Again, this is not the whole car shaking or anything. Steering wheel only pretty much. Then it settles down to 800 rpm and vibration is gone. The part I cannot figure out is, once I get it started and drive for 10 minutes and turn it off, I can turn it on again and the vibration is gone. It only happens on first (cold) startup. Car runs great, no other problems. still gets 30 mpg, no leaks...

!. Motor mounts?

2. Engine problem?

3. needs a tune up?

thank you to anyone who responds!!

confused in Detroit but love my Focus

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,421 Posts
The startup of a cold engine would be slightly different than a warm engine. I would take a guess that you are having early signs of passenger side engine mount going bad. Could be the torque thrust mount (a.k.a dogbone), or the tranny mount too. At 154K miles those are probably needing to be replaced if they are original to the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts