Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a weird problem my car has 72,000 5 speed standard 2001 Ford Focus Zx3.

It shifts fine but they seems to be a little hard to shift and you can even

hear like a small scrape when they shift.

It feels like moving a butter knife thru a very crunchy peanut butter tub.

Any ideas on what I can do so I can improve the shifting experience?[???:)]

Thanks[loveff]

·
Registered
159 Posts
ever changed gear oil??

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not done so. What is the Oil type and do you have a guideline I can follow to change the oil?

When is a good time to change the oil also?

·
Registered
752 Posts
careful.. thats alomost how mine soundedand felt today... then the clutch went out and now i have none., but hopefully its just the oil

·
Registered
105 Posts
Your about due. I use BG syncroshift II and its great. Another option is RP syncromax which is cheaper but also works well. 2.5 quarts is about what you need. 3 bottles of BG will run you 60$, RP around 35$. Jegs and summit sell RP and BG online and usually are your best deal. Hope this helps

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where can I buy BG syncroshift II damnfastsvt02?

Do you have a link?

Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought mine though a local speed shop. If you look around online im sure you can find a place that sells it, maybe even locally. BG has a dealer locator on their website. http://www.bgfindashop.com/locator/index.php

·
Registered
788 Posts
Your about due. I use BG syncroshift II and its great. Another option is RP syncromax which is cheaper but also works well. 2.5 quarts is about what you need. 3 bottles of BG will run you 60$, RP around 35$. Jegs and summit sell RP and BG online and usually are your best deal. Hope this helps
2.1qts. I just used RP syncromaxx when i did my clutch swap, great stuff, cheaper than ford honey(highly regarded[paranoid] ). And you can find RP at Nappa if you can find one so you don't have to wait for it to be shipped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts