Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 05 se when starting up it runs rough idols a little high, hesitates when excellerating ,all around just a bad ride after like 5-7 min starts running better .. we dont have really cold mornings in fl. and its garage kept never used ta do this... love the car just seems like its goin ta crap at 70,000...
i keep quality fluids/filters and plugs in it ....any ideas on the issue ?
thnx .........[wrenchin]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Is it throwing any check engine light codes? Sounds like it may be an issue with the computer.

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
My '09 kind of does the same, the idle go very high on startup, close to 1500 then slowly ever so slowly drops down to about 700-800. As far as the other stuff, doesn't do that, but I guess we have a common thing in the rough the startup idle.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My 01 FF Zx3 does the same thing. I replaced many things, but what it all come's down to is that our cars cannot handle cold morning ... Try checking your motor mounts, but I doubt is that. I was told in other forums that is normal on the ford's.

·
Registered
183 Posts
By the way my car has 72,000 miles on it and tune up, PCV hoses and vacum hoses all replaced and it still does it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have just had the same problem and changed the coil pack £19 from my local motor discount took 6 mins to change it and car is mint hope this helps you.[driving]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts