Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have a problem. About two months ago I washed, cleaned with cleaner wax, polished, and then waxed my car with the Meguiars three step process but I used the Meguiars gold class car wax, the better stuff.

The problem I realized today was I washed the car and when I dried it the paint was rough. When I say rough, I don't mean like there are bonded contaminants, because the paint is VERY smooth in that case. It hard to explain or understand unless you feel the paint. It's like there is no wax but the paint itself is clean and no contaminants are on it.

My question is what is the solution.... I mean i prolly just did the process of waxing it and polishing about 1 and a half months ago. Does this mean I have to do the process all over again? Cause if so I am not using Meguiars anymore... any help would be great.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
where specifically is it "rough". Also, it may just be the wax has worn off after normal use.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,102 Posts
That usually happens. My car and my fiacne's Mazda 6i are the same. First couple of days the car is a smooth as glass. It rains or just over a period of a couple weeks, the car isn't as smooth as what it once was. Even after i wash it, it's not as smooth as it was after i washed, clayed, polished and waxed it. Your protection is still there, just all the small particles and everything are still on it. That's when you have to bust out the Clay Bar and give your car some TLC (Tender Loving Care) and a good polish and wax it all over again. Unfortunatly it's the nature of the best. Nothing is going to give that glassy smooth feeling for months.....

I don't know what it is, but man i love it when my car is all smooth after i washed, clayed, polished and waxed it [:D]

If you need any materials or info i'd suggest talking to lilpzev or wayne from waynestowels.com I buy ALL of my car care products from him and he's very knowledgable and has everything you need to make your car shine! I just bought some more supplies from him and it came in 3 days later, top notch service and great communication. Wayne is a great Guy!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Do you have water spots in your paint? If you do, that can make the paint feel "rough" and they can be a pain in the butt to get out.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No water spots... and when I say rough it isn't rough from like particles and nature, it is just like it is sticky.... it's really hard to explain.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The last time you waxed it was 2 months ago? Its about time to wax again, that will definitely help with your "sticky" paint problem.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,102 Posts
park underneath a tree?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no... it's just not smooth thats all.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,102 Posts
park anywhere near a tree? Those things seem to have a magnet for my car. But i just washed and waxed my car 2 days ago. It was smooth only that night. It rained a little bit the next day and my car was back to a rough feeling, but i know it's protected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts