Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am having an issue with my 04 ztech. I have a little bit of an intermittent rough idle (miss.) I did my 100,000 tune up. Plugs, wires, coil pack, timing belt, water pump, fuel filter, acc. Belt, pcv. Valve, and motor mounts. (unrelated here but I did.) I have dropped about 5 mpg. No codes. So nothing obvious. Only mod. Is a cold air intake. I put on after. No change either way with it. Throttle body looks clean. Only thing else I can think of is 02 sensor but I don't want to start throwing money at it blindly. No problems with power. At least not after tune up. Plugs were clean, not ashy, or full of soot.
Looking for ideas.
Thanks
James

·
Registered
15,781 Posts
PCV HOSE in back of engine. Valve doesn't touch that. If the TB got yanked then you better have changed the gasket to it too or leaks there to do the same. If IAC has been off then that gasket needed change too.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi everyone, I am having an issue with my 04 ztech. I have a little bit of an intermittent rough idle (miss.) I did my 100,000 tune up. Plugs, wires, coil pack, timing belt, water pump, fuel filter, acc. Belt, pcv. Valve, and motor mounts. (unrelated here but I did.) I have dropped about 5 mpg. No codes. So nothing obvious. Only mod. Is a cold air intake. I put on after. No change either way with it. Throttle body looks clean. Only thing else I can think of is 02 sensor but I don't want to start throwing money at it blindly. No problems with power. At least not after tune up. Plugs were clean, not ashy, or full of soot.
Looking for ideas.
Thanks
James
did it do it before the tuneup?...id clean or replace your iac and TB...that made my idle go back to normal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts