Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know I have a vacuum leak and one of my motor mounts is shit but do guys know of any other common 03 zx3 problems that cause stuff like this?? Just want to make sure I know exactly whats going on it also died out a couple of times as soon as it turned over and it’s not the battery or starter because it goes through the entire start up before dying.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also by rough idle I mean it will go from idleing quietly to practically shaking my entire interior it’s so rough

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
You are wasting your time until the vacuum leak is fixed as THAT will do it. Silly to look for other causes if you have one staring you in the face.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Motor mounts are probably shot and the idle could be changing because you have the A/C on and the compressor is kicking on and off. You will be shocked at what the motor mounts will do for performance and comfort.

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
'...so change the purge valve first? '

(shaking head sadly) You are very far from knowing exactly what's going on as you cannot even communicate effectively.

Do yourself a favor and take the car in to be worked on, you don't have enough of an organizational mind to pull it off based on your presented train of thought.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey I fixed it myself actually so try again prick?? and it was the motor mount for most of it atleast I changed the motor mount and canister solenoid I’m my own mechanic partner?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But it was the motor mount for a lot of how rough it was running I had no idea that could cause it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts