Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this 02 SVT for little over a year. It now has a rough idle and 75% of the time it dies when I come to a stop. It does just fine as long as I'm moving. I've change the o2 sensors ( both upper and lower ) IAC, MAS, plugs and wires, coil pack, fuel filter, pcv valve and hose, checked and replaced vacuum lines (all I think). After everything I've read on this I'm sure someone has had this problem with this car. Please help!!!

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Classic vacuum leak, there's probably a loose air intake coupling or joint that's letting an unknown volume of air into the combustion process. The car will bog down, starve for air or fuel off idle or launch, and once the engine is under load and consuming exponentially more air, that minor vacuum leak has little effect on overall airflow.

EDIT: I haven't experienced a problem with the IMRC yet, but that's a very likely possibility. Especially if the car has been babied for too long. That thing needs to move freely and correctly on a regular basis, all about the Italian tune-up (floor it regularly)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts