Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just a question about a little issue i am having with my ford focus.

I seem to be having a slight vibration when i am coming to a stop in my car. Is this a known issue and are there any fixes? Its one of those problems which get to you.

Thanks

Ross

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
The 2000 models had several recalls, have you gotten them all finished. Sounds like it could be a fuel pump issue as the 2000's were and are notorous for having the fuel pump go as this was one of the biggest recalls in the history of the focus.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A recall do you mean its something that ford are aware of and fix for free?

Only bought the car the other day and took it back to the car place i bought it from a few times and they do not know the problem say they do not see the problem. Bit frustrating now :(

Thanks for your reply

Ross

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yes, a recall is a vehicle flaw that FORD will fix for free as it's a factory/design/manufacturer screw up.

Did you buy the car from a 'FORD DEALERSHIP'? You can go to the dealership and get them to run the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) to see what recalls have been done on the car.

That would be a start....... You can also get them to check to see if the car is throwing any codes (code reader) but that may cost you. Some places (I think Autozone) will check for codes on your car for free. The 'code' I'm talking about is a computer code that will let you know when something is wrong with the car, if the sensor system/computer system picks it up. Same idea as the CEL (Check Engine Light) on the dash, except you need a code reader/scanner to pick it up.

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
S2 said:
The 2000 models had several recalls, have you gotten them all finished. Sounds like it could be a fuel pump issue as the 2000's were and are notorous for having the fuel pump go as this was one of the biggest recalls in the history of the focus.
im thinking that its not the fuel pump. i remember when my fuel pump went, and it only showed symptoms when i was making a turn whle having less than 1/4 tank of gas. you should get your car hooked up to a code reader and also check for vacuum leaks.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yeah I know when my bro has his go though, it had to do when he slowed down so who knows. I know your right though, most of the time, if not almost every time, the making a turn sign was the 'key symptom' to this.

·
Registered
200 Posts
What type of engine do you have? Zetec or SPI? Could be the engine mounts, vacuum leak (the engine not getting enough air), amoungst other things. How noticable is the vibration and how long does it last? Does your car idle higher and lower than normal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is a zetec 1.6 engine. It happens for a few seconds then passes. It is not massivly noticable its like the car has a little shake. I feel it more when i am putting my foot down on the clutch.

Thanks again for the replies :)

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
The Zetec's over here at 2.0L.....

Since your in the UK or somewhere overseas (Bristol) then yeah, not sure what it might be. There may have been different recalls over there, who knows.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Idle Probelms

Hi, I have the same problem on my US 2.0 Z-tec. There is a valve that controls the fuel at idle and my actually died and had to have the car towed. They replaced it and I gave it the two weeks to settle, as it must detect specific gravity, humidity etc and now I have the same problem as you. Looking at the Tach, the car should idle at 900RPM and mine actually drops to 850RPM and vibrates. I'm taking mine back, but sounds similar to what you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my rpms do not drop at all stay solid at 900 thats why its odd i would understand if i saw the rpms drop

·
Registered
128 Posts
RPM's

I wondered why it was vibrating and then I put the tach in it and say that it was dropping to 850, sometimes it stays at 900, but sometimes not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts