Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new to this website. so here it goes.
I've just recently brought a focus 1.6 lx and been having an issue with the power when pulling off at junction and any kind of hill.
so i took it to the garage and they said i had a fault with the throttle sensor, they changed that for a new one and cleared the codes. while i was talking to them they said the power loss may also be from the old fuel filter so i changed that as well. also for safe measure i changed the sparks, leads and air filter. and now I've got this problem with the idle (have a video of how it plays up). still has slight issues with pulling off and hill, i tend to have to give it some more revs and changed to lower gears.

appreciate the help!

p.s watch till end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-xTSrhaVrw

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm having the same problems and have a threat created myself. After more research I found the other day that a common problem with the car causing this is a faulty ECU. My symptoms are rough idle, speed sensor periodically dropping to 0 and power when trying to floor it from standstill.

I have yet to confirm this by fixing/replacing my ECU and at £150 to fix it I'm not too sure if I will unless it causes damage to my engine which I'm not sure.

Sorry if this Hijacked your thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah you didnt at all. Its great to know im not the only one with this problem. Gonna take the iacv out and clean it. See if thst works. When I go to pull off from a hill junction the car just cruises with no power and foot to the floor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi gang green
finally found the problem it was the idle. valve I took it out and cleaned it. Now its running fine still abit low on the idle revs but its sorted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts