Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TIA for reading. I have a 2002 SE Wagon withthe DOHC engine. I bought this off somebody 2 years ago for $800 and feel like I have gotten my moneys worth as my DD because the AC is Sooo Cold!

However, I had to replace waterpump a couple of months ago. Back then what I noticed was that once the Serp Belt was removed, the engine idled quietly and consistently. I am now getting the same jerking behaviour, especially at idle even with belt removed. I am also hearing a hissing sound come from the engine at idle. I was going to go ahead and replace valve gasket as it leaks pretty good from there. would a bad valve gasket cause the hissing noise? Im guessing no. So what else would be good to check?

Thanks IA for any advice you may have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a bad valve cover hasket leak that drenched my plugs in oil and cause major misfire and rough idle issue... No more misfire but still idles rough

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
same motor ZX5. your top valve DS cover vent to your air box without a valve. Leaky cover gasket get oil ever where!! What vacuum?? look for noise from there. IMHO

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm having the same problem. We just replaced the valve cover left the gasket on the new one, got from P&P. It was still fully intact. Replaced PCV valve and hose. Idles fine for about 30-60 seconds on cold start but once It gets going starts shaking really bad and we can hear a hissing. Also smells like gas awful bad behind the car. I'm a total clueless idiot when it comes to this stuff but this forum has diagnosed alot for me up untill this point

1 - 4 of 4 Posts