Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys hot a question... I've got a 2012 for focus titanium with the 2.0 non turbo .... I bought it from a friend of mine who's had problems with it for a long time and had finally parked it ....ok so parts that have been replaced are both low and high pressure fuel pumps ,fuel rail pressure sensor and i believe the cam positions sensores so far ....the car will most times crank for quit a while before starting and then will kinda sputter and die unless you hold down the accelerator then sometimes it will Rev to 3 or 3500 rpm or sometimes it will just die either way ..... any ideas? It's got a code for the accelerator pedal and both cam position sensors have thrown codes .... I can't figure it out is my timing off? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is all super speculation, so please use this as just a direction to look, but here's my thought.

The commonality between all of the components with codes listed is that they all use the 5v reference. It would be my suspicion that it's possible that it's dropping out or something. That's an incredibly long shot from a guessing perspective though. If I had the car on-hand, I would be back probing the 5v reference to see where it's at and if anything silly is going on. You should be able to see the PCM measured 5v reference in live data though.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I've got 5 v refrence I don't think thats the issue... checked the timing and it on time. Could the throttle body be causing my issues? I don't really feel like just throwing more parts at this thing and hoping it will help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So I've got 5 v refrence I don't think thats the issue... checked the timing and it on time. Could the throttle body be causing my issues? I don't really feel like just throwing more parts at this thing and hoping it will help.
Don't throw more parts at it then. Your cmp circuit codes won't be caused by a bad throttle body.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts