Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all, what is this silver thing in the fuel line (see picture)? second, how do you replace your fuel filter? and third, my car has a rough idle. it will idle fine for a few minutes and then the engine will start to knock and shake. you can hear the engine slow and speed up but you can't see a change in rpms on the gauges. sometimes the engine will slow to less than 500 rpms and sometimes even stall. i was thinking it was a vaccuum leak but ive looking over all the hoses and haven't found anything yet. please help, i dont know what else it could be

Attachments

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
That thing regulates the fuel pressure, they almost never fail on the focus. The fuel filter is under the rear of the car, tucked up in front of the right rear tire. Replace it first, there is a how to for it in the technical section here.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks. i replaced the fuel filter but it doesnt seem to have helped. there must be something im missing. i don't know what else it could be

·
Registered
147 Posts
i have an 04 and after replacing my fuel filter and everything, it still is very rough running....i need to know if maybe it is under warrenty if i have any work done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts