Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, Everyone the car has 97,000 miles. It came from Texas about 3 years ago. I live in southern Indiana. When I bought it it had 54,000 miles on it. It was owned by a little old lady for years. The car had no issues until this past spring. The car got a miss code on cylinder #4. I come o find the #4 cylinder had a loose valve seat. I was going to repair it myself but due to not having enough time I found a small shop that replaced and rebuilt the head by a well know machine shop. Once the car was repaired they informed me that it had an idle issue. They tried for several more days to find the issue and suggested taking it to the dealer that it could need a new PCM. I have read everywhere with no luck of finding same similar issue with a actual fix result. I do not have any fault codes. I have a Auto Engenuity scanner reader. I have changed the O2 sensors because 1 was not giving any readings. From reading posts on forums every thread about rough idle had said vacuum leak collapsed vacuum hose or hole in the intake manifold tube from the PCV valve. I have replaced the breather tube the PCV and the tube that connects to the intake manifold. Still the rough idle continuous. I have had luck with unplugging the IAC Idle Air Control Valve. This is the only time the car idles so smooth it cant be true! I think this has to be something simple. Please help to avoid dealer prices.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts