Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today, I was out with a friend, and we pulled over to grab something. When we pulled back on the road and we're doing about 30mph. Someone sitting at a stop sign at the end of an Off Ramp. All of a sudden pulls out AT us. I jerked the wheel to avoid him.... BUT he clips us. Funny there was a cop coming down the hill behind us.
The man who hit me admitted fault, Though he was CLEARLY at fault. and apologized, said he wasn't paying attention. Officer said he would put that in the report. GRRR. It's sitting at the Body Shop already. Called the dealer I bought it from right after it happened, and am going through them.
Luckily nobody was hurt and it is minor. Just a pain in the neck, and hoping the body shop matches the Kona Blue PERFECT. On to the pics!

He had a company vehicle too! So I hope all works out being a Driver and not always being home Mon - Fri.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Let me guess. It was the Toyota.

That suck about your car but at least there won't be any long term structural damage.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
I know just how you feel, got in my second rear end collision this year a week ago...

Good luck dealing with insurance, it's never fun...

Man it hurts to see this.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me guess. It was the Toyota.

That suck about your car but at least there won't be any long term structural damage.
Yes. Autoparts Company vehicle.

I know just how you feel, got in my second rear end collision this year a week ago...

Good luck dealing with insurance, it's never fun...

Man it hurts to see this.
Thanks Everyone. Yeah, Hoping the body shop fixes it nice and perfect. And it wasn't major so that takes some of the edge off because it doesn't affect it structurally.

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
Sadly it will never be the same. Good luck. Hopefully it is the least amount of hassle possible.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Man, that really sucks. Sorry to hear about this. Thought it was kind of funny. Someone almost took out my Fiance right behind me tonight doing the same thing, then I had 2 people pull straight out in front of me.

I dont know why people think its okay to pull out in front of people, or be unaware of what is around them. You are operating a weapon.

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
Geez. Did the truck even sustain any damage? It looks fine. Sucks that you got hit where you got hit, too. I don't think that's an easy repair but I could be wrong. Depending on how correctly it is repaired, I guess I should say. [dunno]

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Man that sucks. Looks like just enough damage to where they are going to have to replace the rear 1/4 panel too. Hopefully they DO have to replace the door as well. The car didnt come from the factory with body filler, so hopefully it wont leave the body shop with any..

Id check your wheel to just to make sure its not scratched up as well.

As for matching paint, new cars are pretty easy, as they have not had time to sit in the sun's UV rays and fade. As long as the body shop does a good job, should look perfect.

I would find out what body shop the dealer is going to use though. Pretty much all of the times that a dealer handles vehicle repair, it gets outsourced to another shop that they deal with.

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
You're probably also lucky in that the car is too new for them to scrounge used parts or (perhaps worse) inferior aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup. I am going back to check today. The body shop they go through usually does an outstanding job! That's why I just said heck, I'll leave it with you guys. Thanks everyone.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
No. But the dealer was. Wheel is fine. Just the door, Jamb, Fender, And Bumper are damaged.
I would hope they replace everything with new parts, and hopefully the rear 1/4 has the door jamb as a part of it, otherwise they will pretty much HAVE to use filler.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Sucks to see this. Good thing the wheel and tire went undamaged. I can some scuff on the door handle too. Glad no one was hurt, seems new cars are magnets for damage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts