Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting something with more "bite" on my 2003 ZX3. I know this has been discussed numerous times, but I'm not sure if this particular combo came up. I was thinking Brembo Sport Slotted Rotors and Hawk HPS Street brake pads. Is that a good selection? With this combination, how much noise will be produced? Also, are these the types of brakes that require them to be "warmed up" in order to acheive good stopping power? Thank you everyone for your suggestions and patience. :)

·
Registered
875 Posts
The Brembo/Hawk HPS combo works VERY well. Tons of bite, relatively low dusting, and with an anti-squeal compound on the rotors, will be whisper quiet. The HPS pads are ferro-metallic I think.. they don't require a specific warm-up, but Do work better after a little use. Why are you going with slotted rotors? The HPS' aren't asbestos/organic based, and therefore don't need to vent gases in the same manner. A regular vented solid rotor would be stronger.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never owned slotted, so I am unsure on how they will benifit me, especially under normal driving conditions. I'm not doing this for looks. I just want good stopping power. I was thinking about the solid rotors last night and was wondering how they would hold up. Do you think it would be a better combo? Brembo solid rotors with Hawk HPS pads? Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
If you are going to be doing something more than street driving, the slots will benefit you. On the street, a good set of solid rotors and performance pads will suffice. Check out BAT for their brake specials.

·
Registered
875 Posts
BevinZX3 said:
Do you think it would be a better combo? Brembo solid rotors with Hawk HPS pads? Thanks again!
Yes.[:)]

·
Registered
348 Posts
I second that...solid rotors and Hawk HPS or HP+.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone. Brakes seem to be a trial and error type of thing, so I like to triple check to see if what I am doing is right. I've always gone with factory brakes, but I thought this time I'd change it up a little and see what happens. Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts