Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time to replace the pads on my SVT...thanks for the comments on this forum, I'll be going with Hawk HPS pads, F/R. Am strongly considering swapping rotors, as well, but am on a budget, of sorts.

Was curious if anyone has had any experience, good or bad, with the products distributed by either cquence or raceconcept? Both have a variety of rotors for the SVT, plain, crossdrilled, etc. at a competitive price.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Never heard of either truthfully. Since you're on a budget EBC rotors are out but damn those things were great to me. I have Centric now from C-F-M and they have already warped on me but I don't think it was an issue with the rotors rather with my calipers. They are like $120 from C-F-M.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
Im running super cheap rotors..were 140 bucks and ive put over 50k on them and my pads have alot of life and the rotors are wearing down nicely....the guy I buy from has an ebay account if you are interested...

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
All i can say is dont buy the brembo cross drilled one's. i had them an they started to have micro crack's develope

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was planning on getting Centric, but started looking around for options and found those from Cquence and raceconcept. (I think Cquence deals with the Tuner crowd and raceconcept is into the drifting scene).

While on the subject, what are the pros and cons of crossdrilling, venting, etc.?

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
While on the subject, what are the pros and cons of crossdrilling, venting, etc.?
your rotors stay cooler but all the hot cold hot cold hot can cause cracks from hole to hole. i'll see if i can get some pictures tomorrow but there so hard to see.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I was planning on getting Centric, but started looking around for options and found those from Cquence and raceconcept. (I think Cquence deals with the Tuner crowd and raceconcept is into the drifting scene).

They are supposed to dissipate heat better, but avoid drilled rotors like you would someone with bird flu. Like I mentioned earlier, I had EBC rotors which were dimpled (drilled but not all the way through) and slotted and they were amazing.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
You can get Wagner rotors at O'Rileys......They are guaranteed for life. If they warp, you get a new one free. Not a bad deal for a car that seems to warp rotors more than normal.

For a street car, a plain rotor works best, last longest....

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
^^^Thats really cool, post up a link!! I've never heard of this b4!!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
You can get Wagner rotors at O'Rileys......They are guaranteed for life. If they warp, you get a new one free. Not a bad deal for a car that seems to warp rotors more than normal.

For a street car, a plain rotor works best, last longest....
Interesting, mine are warped and I'm tired of the vibration. I may go check those out [cheers]

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
A good friend of mine is the manager of an O'Rileys store. We talked about this the other day. He told me if you complain of a warped Wagner rotor, they have you bring it in, they check it on their brake lathe, and if it's warped you get a new one. They don't just turn the thing. You need the purchase receipt.....

They have a website, so you could look them up. He didn't have any at his store.....but they're available in a day or so.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Most auto parts store rotors should do the trick. The only downside is some come from China and there have been reports that some have metallurgy and rotor consistency problems. If you stick with some name brands (especially those with lifetime warranties so you can return them if needed) you should be OK. NAPA's premium rotors are pretty good (if you're lucky) some are made in Italy by Brembo. Then again, just buy Brembo solid rotors they aren't that much more expensive. The Centric's are pretty nice as well. Please don't buy slotted, drilled, dimpled, etc. as its a waste of money for no braking improvements. The dimpled rotors are probably the biggest joke. They reduce swept area with all those holes that they charge you extra for. What a waste of money! When I see those on a car I immediately know the person who put them on knows nothing about braking performance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts