Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright, i just dumb lucked into a 2003 ZTW PZEV 2.3 duratec with under 29000 miles for a song.

Looking to make a nice "sleeper" ride, but i am unsure as to what the best steps would be. I am looking to stick w/ NA for obvious cost reasons, plus forced induction seems to be overkill on these cars (watch that opinion change over time...)

i live in NY so i am unsure whether i can remove the PZEV airbox and remain carb legal...

enlighten me oh wise forum [cheers]

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
CAI, Header, cat back, cams, tune, STS, suspension, tint, and wheels

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Congrats on the wagon, you can start by reading through the "Read First" sections under each of the sub forums on the site.
After that its really up to you, figure out what you want to do, make a plan and go for it.
The first things most people do is the "Big 3" as in; intake upgrade, exhaust upgrade and get a tune. As to the suspension, you have a wagon (ZTW is a wagon right?), the front suspension is the same as the other Focus of the same year but the back is a little different and I do not know the right way to address that.
Just poke around the forum and don't hesitate to ask questions, we all started the same way!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input. the reason i asked is half the links are dead in the "read this first" threads unfortunately.

as i have the pzev 2.3L duratec, i assume i should be looking at the 2004+ CAI's etc as they were the first year the 2.3L was widely available?

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Look for 05+, as most companies assume all Foci between 00-04 had Zetecs, and those aren't even close to usable for the Duratec.

As for staying CARB legal, there really aren't any performance mods that I'm aware of that are, which means You'll need to keep whatever stock parts You can and reinstall for testing. Might be more work than it's worth to most, but that all depends on You.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would love to have a wagon. Drop it, exhaust it, rims it, and DD the heck out of it! :D Congrats!

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
If you're looking to go all out, check around to see if you can find a head for a 2.5.
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts