Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen the silver tail lights (I think they are called ateeza lights) anywho, I would like to put them on my 03 zx5.. it seems about 200 is the average price for a pair..is this right? also are they easy to install? I also hear a lot of talk about the shorty antenna...I don't like the stock one on my car and would like to know where you get a shorty.
thanks

[driving]

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Hi and welcome to FF. On Altezzas, that probably is what you mean..... install is easy. 2 screws hold on each tail and then you pull out your stocks, untwist the bulb holders, twist them into the holes on the new ones and screw them back on. Maybe 5 minutes per light... sometimes the stock gives ya some trouble coming off.
As far as shorties go, I have an aluminum one, and I like it better than the super-long stock antenna. I got mine from a seller focustrends on eBay, you can try there, or i think his site www.focustrends.com I've also seen them on Focus Central I think, and a lot of other places. They're usually ~$20 and an easy new look. Watch out though, if you have a station that;s finicky about coming in, I found I lost them... strong stations are still fine. Hope that helped ya some.[:)]

·
Registered
847 Posts

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
??? Are you confused about how I phrased that part or don't want to lose stations with the antenna? The writing is kinda bad the more I look at it. Here's what I meant: If a station comes in faint now, you might not get it all with the shorty or it will be more staticky. If a station comes in loud and clear, I've noticed no change in reception. If that was your confusion I hope I cleared it up.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Lil PZEV said:
??? Are you confused about how I phrased that part or don't want to lose stations with the antenna? The writing is kinda bad the more I look at it. Here's what I meant: If a station comes in faint now, you might not get it all with the shorty or it will be more staticky. If a station comes in loud and clear, I've noticed no change in reception. If that was your confusion I hope I cleared it up.
Agreed. I have a shorty and I lost one of my weak stations but the strong ones still come in OK.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I have the shorty and have had no problems. You can find the shorty from most any of the Focus parts suppliers.

·
Registered
793 Posts
$200 for altezzas is kinda expensive, I see alot for $100-$160, you might want to shop around a little more

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info... I'll keep looking for the lights at a lesser price. I think I'll stick with the stock antenna.....
[driving]

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
hi welcome to the forum...

i didnt read what anybody else said.. im feeling lazy.

heres my thoughts..

dont change out your back lights. use that money towards something else.

the shorty.. i know nothing about it. i dont like changin that out either.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks fokuzsport....use money for something else like what.....I want to get a look other than stock but I just don't know what....not real concerned about power...mainly looks....maybe because I'm getting old and this is just a toy to help me feel young again
[driving]

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
well.. new headlights might suit you well.. or maybe some grill work or even a subtle body wing would do the trick. but diffentally stay away from the alteezas. maybe even tinting of the windows.

edit: i just read your profile.. nvm about the tint. but maybe different headlights.. like angel eyes or the k2's. you could even tint your back lights with niteshade. anything but wasting 200+- dollars on a pair of useless ugly back lights

also you could get a pair of eurolight light bulbs.. and some clear corners.. that would look nice. and a different grill.. maybe a european one

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've tinted the windows and I called ford dealer about the wing for the back (saw a pic in a magazine) and they had no clue what I was talking about....didn't even know what a zx5 was...kept asking if I was sure it wasn't a station wagon -- (I'm getting older, I'm not old) anywhoooo...I thought about the headlights too...are they expensive/easy to install? why stay away from the alteezas?
[driving]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts