Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I typically try to take off the roof trim every so often to really clean off the gunk and debris. This last time I found all this rust. Anyone else have this issue? I really don't want to go back to my local dealer since they took 18 days to fix the trans/engine control modules. And I kept getting increasingly pissed off after each delay. (Then a few days later I get the extension update for the warranty). Seems like it's one thing after another with this car. I want to love it but it keeps breaking my heart.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm not actually seeing any rust there myself. What I see is that the paint has chipped away from the sealant used to cover the seam where the roof and side panels join. Paint does not seem to stick very well to whatever sealant Ford is using.

Still not good, but not as serious an issue as actual rust.

We've had this show up on both of our Foci in the same spot - at the rear of the roof trim at the hatch opening. I cleaned the areas with some fine sandpaper and isopropyl alcohol and applied a little touchup paint and it seems to be holding up well.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
How do you guys go about removing the roof rails? Do they just unsnap? The center pops up if I recall correctly but the front section seemed a little tricky where it attaches to another piece.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
You should have it repaint under warranty for free. I got the roof rails replaced by warranty 'cause I saw some kind of rust on them, IDK about underneath of them! I never thought it could be some rust underneath as well... Another thing to be worried about it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts