Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know where to get the rally focus scoop at?What is it called tech name?
Besides look really cool what are the benefits of a roof scoop?
or could some one explaine the purpose of it?

·
Registered
798 Posts
It's only usefull if you don't have A/C and drive at high speeds. The only purpose of it is to keep the inside temperature of the car in check. It's not going to drasticly change the temperature but it provides a cool breeze.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Its not worth the effort

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
WRC cars do not have heaters, air conditioners or even defrosters for that matter. The side windows are lexan and fixed in place with a sliding door to pass timeslips thru. The roof scoop is the only ventilation those cars have. Those scoops are pretty elaborate and include directional vents inside the car and filters to keep road dust and moisture out. They are easily installed on a WRC car because there is no roof substructure like that on a production car. The roll cage has been designed to accomodate the scoop. Its unlikely the scoop, if you can find one, would align with the voids (flat areas between the roof skeleton substructure). You could take the "rice is nice" approach and buy a scoop from JC Whitney (they have some that are real close in appearance) and glue or pop rivet it to the roof and forget about making it functional. Don't laugh....I've seen several of these on Civics.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
What he said ^^^

Don't go the ricer route though - you'll be disrupting the aerodynamic flow of the car for a roof vent that doesn't even work. [8]

Sometimes they have electric window defrosters, don't they??

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
focus said:
It's only usefull if you don't have A/C and drive at high speeds. The only purpose of it is to keep the inside temperature of the car in check. It's not going to drasticly change the temperature but it provides a cool breeze.
Then whats the other scoop for ?
If you look at the car there is a small scoop above the driver side and the big scoop in the center. My intrest is the big scoop in the center. Or are they both pulling air into the car?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK. not going to do it. Only haft to hit me with the bat five or six times before I get it. But the curiosity of learning more is still there.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm thinking the smaller one is actually a camera pod, because hanging a camera out there all on its own on a WRC car is just asking for trouble, so they build a little enclosure for it.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
if you have the right bumper and everything else flows well go ahead and do the scoops.. its almost like its the final touch. just dont over do it.. something small and nice.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
it looks good when done right but most of the time its not done right so don't do it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts