Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of any good roof scoops for the SVT Focus? and any cool looking hoods / hood scoops

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
check ebay. You'll prob find one if you search for 'fast and furious'...cuz i think that movie made them famous.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FJ?? i just realized i can't put a hood scoop on my car 1. i have a sunroof 2. the radio antenna

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just couldn't get the kind i want the one that goes in the center of the roof

·
Registered
76 Posts
Turn to whole sunroof into a roof scoop[?|]

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Is a roof scoop actually functional? Or does it just "look cool"?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Do they just let air in the cabin? What is there purpose?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I know they are functional in racing but they are still fugly to me. [;)]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fugly. heh heh. I like it a lot. You would definitely look like a complete ******* with a non-functional roof scoop. Well, it could function as an air brake, but you'd still be a *******. Same goes for fake hood scoops. And fart cans. If you want a cool car with scoops and a throaty exhaust note, save up for a F1 Ltd. If you want your car to be cool don't pose; go subtle and get some forced induction and wipe your cars butt with some upitty ricers.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are funcitonal in racing they cool the engine atleast this is so for the McLaren F1 i think they just look cool its a personal thing im not sure id actually put one on just an idea

·
Registered
965 Posts
I like roof scoops. I think they look really cool. That is as long as they have a purpose. I have found many that are all show. They are pretty gay.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Seb656 said:
They are funcitonal in racing they cool the engine atleast this is so for the McLaren F1 i think they just look cool its a personal thing im not sure id actually put one on just an idea

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I don't know jack about em'...

How does it cool your engine from the roof? Does it have some sort of hose/runner to push the air down to the engine bay?[???:)]

I know in racing they mount them to feed into the bay...but on the street, I don't see any "plumming"?!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmm my guess is on the McLaren its got a sort of runner for the air to hit the engine look at the picture (this is an accurate model) the roof scoop seems to take in air then vent it to the engine judgeing by the back of the car I could be wrong

·
Registered
671 Posts
On the WRC Focus and the WRC WRX they are used for high speeds. When they are going so fast that the scoop on the hood does not get any air this is where the one on the roof comes in. It will pick up the air and send it the engine. I think I heard this from WRC on the Speedvision. Also I think there is one for cabin air. I could be wrong. Does this make sense to any one else?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts