Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I own a 2012 sel sedan does anyone know what roof racks that aren't manufactured by ford that would work with my car? I don't want to spend huge money on this. But it would be nice to not have to borrow my moms suv to surf. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII section, you'll find more info. here.

Welcome to FF

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I believe Rhino Rack makes a square bar model: JA0430. This is the cheapest I've found.

Your frequency of use will probably determine your cost / aerodynamic point. In my case, I was simply looking figuring it would get used at most 2 weeks out of the year.

I have yet to purchase as rear seats down, or even up, still gives a driver + one passenger quite a bit of storage. Albeit not as tidy as moving items into a cargo box.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here's a thought

Instead of a roof rack from Thule or Yakima, you can get a hitch and hitch-mounted rack. I didn't want to mess with my aerodynamics, or damage my roof/spoiler. So I bought a Curt hitch, and a rack, and all-in it cost about $200. A lot less than a Thule rack, which I think retails around $400:

http://www.partscheap.com/2012-2015-Ford-Focus-Thule-Roof-Rack-p/vds4z-7855100-a.htm

So check out a hitch rack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts