Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, about a month and a half ago, I got this cool idea. I'd never seen it on our FoFo wagons before (any wagons out there? *cricket* No? [sadpanda] Okay...), and I didn't use them anyways.

So I took my roof racks off!

Kept the rivet nuts in place and put the screws back in them (well, most of them anyways...but I'll save that for later).

As far as I know, I'm the first FoFo wagon with a roof rack delete

·
Registered
414 Posts
Have you noticed any MPG benefits from the delete? I plan on doing it soon too.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
What do you plan to do with the rack? Will the rack retro fit to a ZX3?
Your roof slopes a little bit vs the flat wgn roofs. Maybe it'd work, but the length, not sure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmmm, would like to have a rack to add a little extra options for packing when traveling and trying not to brake the bank in the process.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sooooooo.... I guess you don't kayak, or ski, or mountain bike... or anything that would require a rack?
Man, that sounds horrible!

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sooooooo.... I guess you don't kayak, or ski, or mountain bike... or anything that would require a rack?
Man, that sounds horrible!
Haha... A bit late to the party here. This car got totaled back in January.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I took the roof rails off my wagon as well. It looks a lot cleaner without them. I was planning on drilling out the nuts in the roof and covering it up with either stranded filler or something to make it look a bit nicer. once I get the time to do it that is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts