Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOT flaring. [:D]

how many have done this, and what is the average cost? i need to have mine done... BADLY.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the h&r cup kit, and have 18x7.5 wheels with a 40mm offset (wrapped in 215/35). never had the problem with the same kit/wheels on my zx3, but i guess the added hundred pounds or so in the sedan is JUST enough to give it some problems. it's only over big dips, or under hard cornering. it's still annoying as hell. ha ha

·
Registered
892 Posts
I had 60s Mopars, really small wheelwells, I rolled my own (haha). Im talking about the fenders here.

Rolling the fenders is easy, the hard part is getting the guts to do it. I practiced on my buddies 63 Plymouth station wagon first.

You must know someone with a POS driver that will let you practice!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a buddy of mine mentioned that it's as easy as using an old baseball bat, putting it between the tire and fender, and letting someone roll the car back and forth.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Put the bat in there with no pressure and have a buddy ease off the brake to let the car roll forward. Do this several times to get the hang of controlling the bat.

advice: Get a buddy, not the misses, you will get along much better.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help. hell... you're in va... where in va are you?

·
Registered
990 Posts
bat

scironzts i did mine w/baseball bat and patience.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Be very careful as garyk indicated. It's very easy to crack the paint at the corner between the lip and the fender during the bending process.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
which is why i'd prefer someone who knows what they're doing to do it for me. [:)]

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
can u flare the stosk fenders out a little-possible-cost?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
if you are careful, you can avoid cracking by applying heat to the area....just don't go crazy...a heat gun on low should help you out. If you don't wanna use a bat, you can always buy the rollers that are meant for the job.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts