Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have the tool to roll fenders or know of a place that can do it??

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha i know!

and my paint is cracking already.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hey Josh ask orangesvt I think he did it while ago?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
found a place. m1 auto gona see how much they charge.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
true true but i dont think we will get alot of people wanting to rent it lol

·
Registered
542 Posts
I used a CO2 tank I had laying around. I would lift the car and wedge it in, Then lower it and wedge it between the tire and fender. Worked like a Charm.

the bat does not work!!!

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Make sure you use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm the paint up a bit so it doesn't crack when you roll them.

I've hear many people successfully using the bat method. How come it doesn't work?

·
zetec 2 duratec swap
1,648 Posts
my friend did use the bat on his old 325. it worked fine for him but i wouldnt use one.

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
The baseball bat method works, but sometimes can get ugly. A proffesional tool does a nice clean job, and the good ones usually don't crack the paint. If one of you socal guys bought one, over time, you could get the toold for free charging anyone you meet a small fee to roll their fenders....had a friend who bought one and within 3 years made a $200 profit.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
We should set up a Rolling Fenders Tech Day [:p]

Last time mine rubbed was when I had the TSW Revos on my car with 205/40s on them. I later put 215/45 on them and never rubbed. I'd really love to pick those up again and lower it so rolling my fenders is something I should do to avoid rubbage again!

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
I'm in just plan if for when i'm off this rock they call and island.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm in.

P.S- what benefit does rolled fenders do? Does it look any different on outside? How much larger wheels/tires could we fit?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts