Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Naaaaah(No Roll Cage)

Votes: 9 60.0%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just feeling out the opinions out there. Do you have one/want one? or are you too good for one?! [sing]

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
In the lemons and chump race series I'm in I have to have one. So I'm on my second install. Mr2 and 3-door svtf.

·
It's just a Focus.
5,260 Posts
Just a roll bar going across the middle of the car would be cool. A full roll cage will really cramp the space.

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You wouldn't even be able to use your rear doors.

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the ZX5, I'd assume a whole cage would render the rear doors useless. On a ZX3, you'd have to not have diagonals to access the back seats, otherwise you could do a rear seat delete.

·
It's just a Focus.
5,260 Posts
That will take A LOT of weight out. If you don't carry passengers often then it won't be a big deal at all.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Just feeling out the opinions out there. Do you have one/want one? or are you too good for one?! [sing]
For a DD= What for? Massive intrusion? Just ask Matt=''Matmatician'' about his DD cage. Yea it does stiffen up the chassis, but the foci is pretty stiff to start with. For a DD= I'd pass & put your time & energy into other parts of the car.

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That was one of my plans. I would get a wood or fiberglass panel to cover the hole back there and make it look nice but then why spend money on a car that I can't trust to get me to Costco!!

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For a DD= What for? Massive intrusion? Just ask Matt=''Matmatician'' about his DD cage. Yea it does stiffen up the chassis, but the foci is pretty stiff to start with. For a DD= I'd pass & put your time & energy into other parts of the car.
The ZX3 needs to be stiffer. The 07 ZX4 was stiff but this thing feels more like a Cadillac.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Oh it was a dd question. Then no I don't nor would I ever. Strut bars and maybe center bar and sway bars but that's it. The weight of a full cage would overpass the stiffness it can/will provide. And you can use the back seats in a zx5 or zx3 just back passengers can only get in on one side but not the other. And swing out side bars would help.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
That was one of my plans. I would get a wood or fiberglass panel to cover the hole back there and make it look nice but then why spend money on a car that I can't trust to get me to Costco!!
Then you answered your question^^^^^^^ Put your time to getting some reliablity out of your car & nix the cage idea.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Show car or race car: yes

DD or beater car: no

Roll cages are best to leave to cars that actually need them. It's just to much time, cost, and inconvenience to waste on a short term DD.

·
It's just a Focus.
5,260 Posts
Show car or race car: yes

DD or beater car: no

Roll cages are best to leave to cars that actually need them. It's just to much time, cost, and inconvenience to waste on a short term DD.
I agree. No real purpose when all you will do with it is drive it around to work and maybe the occasional twisty road. Now if you did it up fro show, a roll cage would look pretty awesome.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
This seems really simple:

Do you need a cage for whatever racing you are doing? Then go get one. If you don't...then why even bother with the thought of it?

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You'd definitly need one in Rally.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,121 Posts
You go from wanting to sell the car to maybe buying another, fixing this one up, now maybe rallying in it?

Make up your mind man!!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
You go from wanting to sell the car to maybe buying another, fixing this one up, now maybe rallying in it?

Make up your mind man!!
Yea, the man telling you^^^^^^^ LOL.[poke]

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've always been into rallying. The fixing/selling is still undecided. Sometimes it's doing well and I love it, but then it just gives up and I hate it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts