Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[rant] less than a week old and already have two chips on the hood..even if i had the 3m chip film it still would have missed it...now I have to find a way to fix them

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx for the links guys....That is the stuff i meant to say...it is a great product just very pricey...but then again cheaper than repainting hood and mirrors....would have helped with one of the chips but not the other so i guess I have to use the dreaded touch up paint [sigh]

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, at least your car will always have less chips than mine. The previous owner must have been a major tailgater and my front end is literally speckled. Hope you get her fixed and looking good agian.

·
Registered
588 Posts
i guess I have to use the dreaded touch up paint [sigh]
At least you have that option.

I went to buy some Blue Candy touch-up paint last week, and not only did the dealership not have it in stock, they can't even order it! It didn't even come up on the parts guy's computer screen when we put in my VIN. [dunno]

·
Banned
363 Posts
At least you have that option.

I went to buy some Blue Candy touch-up paint last week, and not only did the dealership not have it in stock, they can't even order it! It didn't even come up on the parts guy's computer screen when we put in my VIN. [dunno]
same with Frosted Glass. I have had a work due order since the purchase date... 5/14 none to be seen yet as my touch up paint was part of my purchasse deal

·
Banned
363 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I imagine it's like installing a giant "wet-apply" type screen protector for electronics, only much easier because you can get the whole hood soaking wet as opposed to electronics.

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
uh ya... installing a clear bra yourself is like installing tint yourself.. Good luck with that. It may go on, but it will look like shit.. leave this stuff to the pros ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
sorry to hear that...I'm not looking forward to mine chippoing when I get it, but the new water based paints the factory uses suck for durability vs. rocks. My 2011 Mustang has been my daily driver for the last year and has chips every fricken where :(.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The install on these products is TOUGH. Unless you "perfectly" follow the directions...good luck... there are professional installers that are realyy good at it. All I can say is GOOD LUCK...make sure you get All THE 'BUBBLES' OUT AT install time!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
[rant] less than a week old and already have two chips on the hood..even if i had the 3m chip film it still would have missed it...now I have to find a way to fix them
Just over 1k miles and I found 2 large chips in my hood as well. Starting to think the yellow paint was a bad idea. [xx(]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went to the dealership to get a tube of touch up and have to wait 3 weeks for the paint to come in. My old car is a montecarlo (Race Red) also and thankfully it is and exact match... Hmm GM and Ford useing the same paint. anyways touched up the chip marks and will be getting the 3M product next week. yes it is very pricey but then a paint job would certainly be more.I will be getting the hood; bumper; fenders and mirrors all will be installed for $700.00 CDN. Alot I know but i just had another rock hit my Grille.Chipped it pretty bad .So that convinced me to put out the bucks

1 - 20 of 124 Posts