Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter is a tough time of year for me. As one who is completely anal and obsessive about having a clean car, it drives me nuts to have all that salt and road dirt on my baby. You wash it and by the time you get home it's a mess again. I live in a townhouse so can't do-it-myself.

Today it was almost completely white with salt, it had those big nasty "fender-bergs" in the wheel wells, and the roof line way covered in a nice soup of washer solvent, dirt and salt. God I can't stand it.

I did prepair the finish as best as possible in late Novemeber. I waxed the daylights out of it. Many applications of Meguair's Gold Class Wax. So between full washes, a quick spray job does the trick. Some day I'll have my own garge................................I can focus dream can't I?
b"i hate winter"focused

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'm with ya man, fight the power[thumb]

Be thankful though that your local municipality isn't as dumb as mine (or maybe they are). In addition to killing the roads with salt, they started using crushed glass from the recycling center in place of tradition cinders. It gets all in your tires and God only knows what its doing to my paint[?|]

·
Registered
162 Posts
No road salt here in Florida. It was a cozy 70 degrees today, perfect weather for cruisin with the windows down!

·
Registered
382 Posts
it has been horible this winter for my baby...she has no tracting cause we still have the conty's on and we put her through a little e brake action in the ford parking lot but that was fun....omg essveetee that sucks about the whole glass thing

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I don't know what the heck that they put on the roads here. It looks like gravel. I hate the sound of bang bang bang as it hits off the bottom of the car......ouch!

·
Registered
344 Posts
bfocused said:

Today it was almost completely white with salt, it had those big nasty "fender-bergs" in the wheel wells, and the roof line way covered in a nice soup of washer solvent, dirt and salt. God I can't stand it.

lol...bfocused, i never knew what to call fenderbergs before now. i had one on the right side of my front bumper that was would not fall off because it had wires running through it....it had to weigh 30 lbs....ok, maybe 20....
i have had my focus since thanksgiving....i have washed it about 15 times because of the snow, and gravel placed on the road. when it isn't snowing and is dry, the gravel becomes a haze of dust that coats everything on the road. i never got the chance to wax my car before this winter sludge, i am looking forward to the spring when i can detail. my car is black, and all the nicks from the gravel are so obvious to me, i cringe when i hear the gravel hitting my car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah, hate the salt. Unfortunatly I live in ohio and it is snowing right now. That means more salt is on its way. Thats funny that BIBBADWORM didnt know what salt was. Hey, I wish I didnt know what it was for![;)] All I can say man is your lucky you live in a place where it is beautiful year round.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
consider yourselves lucky that all you have to deal with is sand and salt. Colorado is using this "wonderful" liquid compound called Magnisium Chloride [sp?] instead of salt. it works pretty well to prevent ice on the road (as long as the temp doesnt drop below like 0 F) it does not look quite as bad on cars, but it is said to accelerate rusting. personally, i would rather have my car look extra dirty and not have to deal with accelerated rusting.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I was hoping no one would bring up the road-salt-thing. This is my last winter in California and I'm worried enough about the snow next winter. Somehow, 4 years away from it all I forgot about Mich DOTs plan to rust out every car in the state....[:(]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.