Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from the obvious benefit of little to no wheel hop n better traction. Are their any noticeable "gains" from getting these mounts? I was looking at cobb for the rear but needed suggestions for the others as well as any other benefits to upgrading them. Seemed like a fairly cheap mod that may be worth the money

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Aside from the obvious benefit of little to no wheel hop n better traction. Are their any noticeable "gains" from getting these mounts? I was looking at cobb for the rear but needed suggestions for the others as well as any other benefits to upgrading them. Seemed like a fairly cheap mod that may be worth the money
Just for caution...

The upper one is the one that give the most vibrations to the chassis.

Be prepared to have a little butt massage between (2000 and 3500 RPM)

I only did the RMM with the E-Focus mount and that's enough vibration for me.

Sat in my friend's focus with a Cobb RMM and the Upper one and it's too much for me.
The interior plastic trim had some rattling... he was ok with that.. it was driving me crazy!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just for caution...

The upper one is the one that give the most vibrations to the chassis.

Be prepared to have a little butt massage between (2000 and 3500 RPM)

I only did the RMM with the E-Focus mount and that's enough vibration for me.

Sat in my friend's focus with a Cobb RMM and the Upper one and it's too much for me.
The interior plastic trim had some rattling... he was ok with that.. it was driving me crazy!
Guessing its kind of a tradeoff then? Cobb = stiffer mount = more vibe vs. OEM = softer mount = more wheel hop? between the two I think id chose to live with the vibe so long as its not vibrating to the point it feels like my phone going off at all times lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts