Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I inverted a sound splinter rli 8" in the factory box...it was SUPER easy.. i should have taken pics while i was doing it but didnt think about it..anyways it is a perfect fit...ZERO modding required.. i just took the factory sub out, and screwed this one in backward. I took some non-hardening modeling clay and sealed up around the sub once it was screwed in just to make sure it was sealed tight. Then i carefully pried the speaker grill from the trim piece, making room for the rli.

Great driver and easy upgrade and cheap.

I should have fixed the carpet before i took the pic...but oh well.. here are some other pics i took of what i did today..

pioneer premier 780mp
12 disk changer under the passenger seat
pioneer Sirius tuner

phoenix gold ti elites in kicks
sound splinter rl-i 8" inverted in the factory box.
phoenix gold xenon x200.4

zero gauge to the hatch
Big 3 & stinger sp1000 battery under the hood
all stinger interconnects and power/ground distro

I mounted everything on the back seat for a while. Eventually i will build an amp rack against the back seats and flush mount the amps and crossover...hiding power/ground and all wire. But I want to do some sound deadening before i do that. I will also probably do some dedicated mid bass in the doors as well.

I didnt want to give up much of my hatch.. but i want a good balanced system that will get loud.. i think when I'm all done thats what i will have.

·
Registered
226 Posts
mad MAD jealousy man!

great job!

i want those front subs or whatever they are (cant tell from pic) up front lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
how did you get the battery to fit under the hood

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The battery fits fine, (although its a sp1000 not 1700 i forgot what i bought). You can see one of the fuse holders and some of the wiring...

naw i didnt get the idea from your thread...i had already bought the rli by the time i saw and posted in your thread.. here is a shot after i fixed the carpet...

Here is a shot of the deck and passenger kick..

I just wanted a beefy 8" that would fit in the factory box, sound good in the space allocated and could handle about 450 watts... the rli was a great match. Im really impressed with this driver, especially for only $165... The sub does what its supposed to... sounds great on jazz & reggae and plenty of umph if i put in some young jeezy or something.. another great product from SS.

Thanks fer the kind words..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts