Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ive made a post a time ago about the throttle cable in my car not matching the throttle body....everyone said im gunna have to buy a new cable...well i have an 02 or 03 throttlebody not really sure and an 03 car (zetec). i called ford said i wanted to ordered a new cable and he told me the 02 and 03 cable was different. I dont know which to get and if i order it and its wrong i will have to eat the 60$ i just spent on the cable....can someone please help me figure out the difference....[rant] [boxface]

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
why don you just give them the vin number and ask them what year it is and buy the right cable?

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
call Mike Trendel at Hilbish Ford 18008490233

he will be able to look at both cables and tell which way to go.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
^exactly. pics would help so those that know the difference can look and see.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've talked to a guy i deal with at ford alot and he said the pics they show in the system aren't accurate enough to tell the difference

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
except the damn dealer i have in my area doesnt stock ne thing for the damn focus everything is special order and i have to eat the cost if they order it and its not right

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
Man, you really should call Mike, the discounts we get as FF members are outrageous. You can probably get both cables shipped to you for less than buying one cable from your local dealer.

Be sure to ask for Mike, and tell him you're on FF and that Scrammer and Whynot recommended you give him a call.

As far as which year your car is, year models begin production in June of the previous year. For example, if you look at the build date on the sticker inside the driver's door jamb you'll see something like 06/01. OK, that car is an 02. The same goes for a car manufactured in 12/01, it's still an 02 car. That should be enough, but Mike might be able to look up the car by VIN to be sure which cable it uses, or since he has a lot of Focus specific knowledge in his brain- he might be able to tell you what to look for on your car that makes the difference between the two cables.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Man, you really should call Mike, the discounts we get as FF members are outrageous. You can probably get both cables shipped to you for less than buying one cable from your local dealer.

Be sure to ask for Mike, and tell him you're on FF and that Scrammer and Whynot recommended you give him a call.

As far as which year your car is, year models begin production in June of the previous year. For example, if you look at the build date on the sticker inside the driver's door jamb you'll see something like 06/01. OK, that car is an 02. The same goes for a car manufactured in 12/01, it's still an 02 car. That should be enough, but Mike might be able to look up the car by VIN to be sure which cable it uses, or since he has a lot of Focus specific knowledge in his brain- he might be able to tell you what to look for on your car that makes the difference between the two cables.
He knows his stuff, I called 2 dealers got a you cannot use this part for my throttle body because it belongs to a 02 and it won't fit your intake..
I called mike and hes like your dealers are on crack throw it on and try starting it which I did and it works perfectly..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts