Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Forced to move on...
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 10 years, it's time to say goodbye to Rex, my 2002 ZX5. He was my first and only car. Needless to say, I will miss him...

·
Registered
642 Posts
Wow. Sorry to hear that.

any injuries?

hope your ok. what happened?

·
Forced to move on...
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm perfectly fine, no injuries. Every focus accident I've heard of (or been in now) everyone has been fine - I will recommend these cars to anyone who has a teenager lol.

As for what happened: Stop and go traffic, Friday afternoon rush hour on a busy street on the way home from work - the two pickup trucks in front of me kept speeding up and slamming on their brakes when traffic stopped/slowed. Needless to say, I wanted to get out from behind them, and I needed to get over so I could turn into my apartment complex. We waited for a green light, they took off and I waited a bit so I could get over safely and not be too close to the break happy trucks. I turned my head for a split second to see if the lane was clear, I turn back around and BAM! there was the pickup truck - couldn't stop in time so Rex took the fall for my poor judgement and bad timing. Unfortunately, the pickup had a metal bumper which was right in alignment with Rex's engine bay....

·
Registered
642 Posts
Thats rough and Im sorry to hear that.
Glad to hear your unhurt. yeah these cars have an amazing safety record.

Hopefulyl you can get something and back on the road soon

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
You gotta love idiots who don't know how to drive in stop and go traffic. I hate people who haul ass, only to slam on the brakes 2 seconds later. Sorry about the Focus.

What are you plans for a new car? Another Focus?

·
Forced to move on...
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it was deemed my fault. I mean I'll admit that I looked towards the other lane when I shouldn't have. But still it's aggravating - and now I think my insurance is trying to screw me over.

But hopefully I can buy him back and either repair him or at least part him out - then I'm planning on buying a 2012 candy blue titanium [:)]

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Wow glad to hear your alright, and also glad to hear your admitting you were looking away for a split second that takes guts, which makes me believe everything you saying, especially about those trucks speeding way up then slamming on there brakes. I'd also be very pissed off at those trucks, but nothing you can do about it though. I hate people like that. I hate stop and go traffic, I try to maintain a nice even pace when in traffic like that so I don't have to stop and go. I hope everything goes well with the insurance company and getting a new fofo.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Well I'm glad you are alright Jess. Sorry to see Rex is gone though[:(]

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Wow that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that rex may be totaled but if you do get a 2012 it is a really nice upgrade from the mk1 focus

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
I try to maintain a nice even pace when in traffic like that so I don't have to stop and go.
i try and do the same. i like to try and keep at least a car and a half distance between me and the car ahead but...that doesnt keep jackasses from cutting in front of u to switch lanes.[gunfire]

sorry to hear about ur car. hope u can get things figured all out and get back in a focus...2012 or not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts