Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. I have not been on FF in a few months due to this wreck. I am finally strong enough to do this thread, I didn't want to do this right after the wreck because I hated what happened. I miss the focus alot, and still would own another one in the near future. I owned that car for several years and learned a lot about the focus, worked alot on it with tons of help from FF and FJ members. I have traveled with it, drifted it in the snow, (yes, it drifts lol). even went on dirt trails in the mountains, that car was tough and really fun. Now today it's in a million pieces because of some [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] not paying attention.

I know everyone is wondering what happened, so lets get to it. My fiance and I and our 2 sons visited my dad for dinner. We left to go home because my fiance had an interview the next morning and the kids had school. So we were driving home around 8:15PM, it was dark and had my headlights on, (HID's). I'm driving on a 2 lane main road at 50mph and about to pass this side road on the right, an F-150 at the stop sign makes a late decision as I attempt to pass him and floors it to turn left, I had no other choice but to hit him, I swerved to the right slightly and slammed on the brakes and rammed his left fender and door. Both air bags deploy, thank god, but they hurt like hell. all of us were hurt, and sent to the hospital via ambulance. The guy was charged with failure to yield, how can you not see HID headlights? if he did see me, he really obviously didn't. The next day, I was released from the hospital along with younger son, however my fiance and oldest son weren't. I took my truck to the towing company my car was at so I could see it and get my stuff out of it. I wasn't allowed to remove anything that was mounted on it that I put on there, I wasn't really happy about that, but whatever. I know some people will say (oh it's not that bad) but it was bad to me, it's my car and I loved it and I felt that hard hit along with my loved ones.

Here are some pics I have when I first got the car to it's final look:

Had carbon fiber look hood vents, what? everyone had their rice days..[:p]

Got creative and painted the gauge bezel, vents and radio bezel

Then Niteshade

Then this! old lady got into my lane and side swiped me[rant]

So then i kinda made it look better for now, temporary, (had to use insurance money[V])

I bought some old projector headlights for like $40, needed some work, so I painted them and made them look better, and went ahead and painted my stockers

Then made some friends on the regional forums

I began to hate the 4x4 look I had, so I got the Tein S Tech lowering springs, with 35% tint, yes, a drop and tent![:p]

I had to big of tires on at that time, and the tint wasn't dark enough for me however, the tint was bubbled so I got him to redo it darker, so I got smaller tires and darker tint and took those projector headlights off

We had a dyno G2G

And on to the resturant after the dyno. (I did not dyno due to my car is low and slow [;)] )

So now, I was tired of the damage on the side of my car, I hated it, I was bored one day and not enough money to fix it, I decided to fix the damn thing myself.

Hatch strip got painted too

I was done for awhile after that

Another G2G

Mountain trail time

Sumter SC G2G

I really got into the SVT stuff at this point

Painted the rear

Best pic I have of Oreo

SVT gauges

Now I got a SVT front bumper

Had to sell the SVT bumper, but had an SVT lip laying around

Another good shot

Yes another mountain trail

THESE ARE THE END RESULTS OF MY FOCUS:

after the wreck, I needed to get another car for me. I may get bashed for it, but my fiance and I like it. I will add those pictures later on. Thanks

So here is my new car everybody!

2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4

I'm just kidding, but that is me inside one at Lamborghini Carolina's. My dream cars!. Here is the new whip

2003 Acura RSX base. right off the lot

Had to have black wheels, c'mon now..

Then gave it a drop

yup, that's my shadow

Time for a bath

Added a new head unit

And a K&N short ram

There ya go, new car pics. Basically all the mods on this car is what I had on the focus. Drop, intake, hid's, debadge, black wheels.

Thanks for looking, comments are always welcome! but try to be nice with the negative ones for the new car lol

·
Quarter Tank Racer
2,124 Posts
When I saw the first picture of the accident damage, my gut wrenched. [:(]

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
ouch man. at first i thought you were talking about the little side swip. but after going through it i can honestly say.. that IS a bad one. Sry for the misshap, as for the new car as long as its not a prius i wont bash you

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
:( sorry to hear... another foci dies to save its owners.

The pass. glove box caved in from knees im assuming hitting it? ouch.

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
This thread probably took you forever to post! I enjoyed seeing your fofo from start to finish though. Too bad it had to end the way it did :( Im sorry to hear about it. I hope your new car is as awesome as your focus was!

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
I'm sorry for the loss, I'm glad everyone came out ok. Thank you for the tome to post up your build I feel for ya. I half to ask was the person in the passenger seat wearing a seat belt?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
When I saw the first picture of the accident damage, my gut wrenched. [:(]

Seriously me too. This is sad to hear, and feels like it hits home since I'm married and have kids also. Seeing the progression of the car just reminds me of my focus. I hope all ends well after this, good luck with everything.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
its a damn shame to see such a well loved car go. hope you get a second foci!

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Sucks man, but at the end of the day, no matter how much you loved it, it loved you enough to keep you alive.

What did you wind up getting to replace it?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Malibooya When I saw the first picture of the accident damage, my gut wrenched.
Trust me, I felt really sick when I saw it the first time the next day. Thanks

Tom-E09 ouch man. at first i thought you were talking about the little side swip. but after going through it i can honestly say.. that IS a bad one. Sry for the misshap, as for the new car as long as its not a prius i wont bash you
Yea, it was bad, lol and it's not a Prius, come back to this thread later and I should have this thread updated with new car pics. Thanks

zx360 :( sorry to hear... another foci dies to save its owners.

The pass. glove box caved in from knees im assuming hitting it? ouch.
yes, it was my fiance's knees, her knees still bother her sometimes. Thanks

zx3_bmxrider This thread probably took you forever to post! I enjoyed seeing your fofo from start to finish though. Too bad it had to end the way it did :( Im sorry to hear about it. I hope your new car is as awesome as your focus was!
Thanks for the awesome comment. Yes it did take some time and still not done lol

stadtsoldat Sorry to see, but glad you're all okay.. And even if it is a Prius, I still won't bash.
Lol thanks

06 Focus ST Sadest thing ever.
Sure was. Thanks

ranger_mclaren I'm sorry for the loss, I'm glad everyone came out ok. Thank you for the tome to post up your build I feel for ya. I half to ask was the person in the passenger seat wearing a seat belt?
It took a lot awhile to do this, but I wanted it to be good. Yes my fiance was wearing a seat belt. It was a hard hit. even warped my folding backseats. Thanks

gman12 Sorry to hear about your loss.
Me too, thanks

sleepyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibooya View Post
When I saw the first picture of the accident damage, my gut wrenched.

Seriously me too. This is sad to hear, and feels like it hits home since I'm married and have kids also. Seeing the progression of the car just reminds me of my focus. I hope all ends well after this, good luck with everything.
It was scary, I will never forget that night, I still remember like it was yesterday. Thanks

Buickboy its a damn shame to see such a well loved car go. hope you get a second foci!
It was loved, and gone, but not forgotten! I thought about getting another focus, but, I thought I would wait awhile and get something new. Another focus wouldn't feel the same, you know? maybe get one in the future. Thanks

MattZX3 Sucks man, but at the end of the day, no matter how much you loved it, it loved you enough to keep you alive.

What did you wind up getting to replace it?
You will find out once I update this thread later on today[;)]. Thanks

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
Loved your build up dude. Sorry about your lost. Just got to be so careful driving now adays, especially with loved ones in the car.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
rsx's are nice cars, and it will run forever. Nice upgrade(even through the circumstances were crappy as to why you needed an upgrade.)

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
I too have always liked the RSX. I've always wanted one keep us updated with the build. I'm gonna dig up old pics of my friends RSX to give ya some ideas.

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
Should find some red/clear turn signal tails. Get rid of that amber signal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts