Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an awesome 6 months and 12,673 miles with my focus. today i had to say goodbye. but not before it saved my and my girlfriends life. I was t-boned by an 08 mustang gt going 60mph+ through an intersection. All airbags deployed.

pics of carnage.

·
Registered
472 Posts
After an awesome 6 months and 12,673 miles with my focus. today i had to say goodbye. but not before it saved my and my girlfriends life. I was t-boned by an 08 mustang gt going 60mph+ through an intersection. All airbags deployed.
That stinks, but at least you are ok.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Hate to call it lucky, but lucky hit & good to have a NEW car with all the airbags for that hit. A little further back could have been worse.

Glad it did it's job & you walked away.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Sweet Jesus you two are fortunate. Glad you made it out ok.

·
Registered
167 Posts
WOW! Glad you guys are okay. Its amazing how well the newer cars are made compared to those of just 10 years ago.

·
Registered
822 Posts
The MK3 Focus has proven to be a pretty tough little bugger in accidents. I heard that Ford worked with some EMT units to show them which spots on the body structure would be the easiest to cut through.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Good lord, wasn't expecting that. [eek]

That's quite a hit, these are proving to be safe little cars.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wife walked away

Wife in her 2012 Focus was hit by a Dodge Ram same way, she was bruised by seat belt and we went out and replaced it with a 2014 Focus to go with my 2013 Focus . We have always been happy with all of them, not one problem.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Wow! glad to see you guys got out alive. That's a mess.

Crash engineering is impressive stuff. You can really see how both cars absorbed that massive impact and saved the passenger compartments from major damage.

What sailor said is true too though. Very scary stuff.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Where was that accident? I see Rt1 on one of the pics but cant tell where it is. I lived in around Belair the fist 30 years of my life and know the area well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow. I am so happy to hear that you and your girlfriend made it through that with no serious injuries. Getting T-boned at 60 mph is no joke.

I was hit from passenger side in an 89 civic at only 35mph several years ago by a ford bronco and had a serious case of whiplash. It amazes me how well these modern cars can absorb impacts, especially on side collisions.

It's only a car, a good one, but it can be replaced.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Those photos are just shocking. Despite walking away "ok" from the horrendous hit, I would imagine that the memory of the impact lingers with both of you emotionally for quite some time.

Any idea as to how the Mustang driver happened to run through an intersection at 60mph ?

Good luck to you and your girlfriend.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where was that accident? I see Rt1 on one of the pics but cant tell where it is. I lived in around Belair the fist 30 years of my life and know the area well.
rt1 and 24south. like if you were going to the harford mall.

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
glad the car took the abuse and protected it's occupants. Did the Stang run a light?

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Holy sh--!!!

Glad both of you are okay!

In a positive way...you earned (against your will) the FocusFanatics mk3 damage award :)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts